Sunday, September 6, 2009

A walk downtown

The weather was beautiful last week, filled with Sunapee days, so I took a walk downtown at lunchtime.

These garlic chives were thriving along a wooden fence at the Wheelers' house.
 


Are these fatsia leaves growing in the Mary Washington House garden?
 

The Brown Turkey figs are thriving at Kenmore.
 
Posted by Picasa


Kenmore features the classic boxwood and brick edging of a colonial garden...
 


...but it also had these enormous Joe Pye weeds (eupatorium). The Japanese anemones were beautiful, though I didn't get any good pictures with my phone's camera.
 


This garden along Hawke street had a particularly fine grass billowing over the white picket fence.
 


Someone had been gardening at the Kenmore Inn, as I could see from the piles of brush everywhere. But this yellow rose and its hips were left, perhaps the real last rose of summer.
 
Posted by Picasa


I'm lucky to live and work in such a beautiful place.

No comments: