Sunday, April 13, 2008

More survivors

In addition to the two brunnera that did survive after all, I found more good news poking around the garden. I broke off last year's amsonia stems and found teeny new ones emerging. Balloon flowers are coming up. The baptisia is coming up and looking very healthy. The peony 'Sarah Bernhardt' is growing vigorously through the hoop, and the two unnamed ones from Susan Hepler are coming along, too. Astilbes in the front garden are showing leafy fronds... This dry recital is probably interesting only to me, but I'm heartened that most plants seem to have survived last summer's drought and my imperfect care.

Yesterday I went through the garden marking plants, lest I forget. I love the marking pencils and labels I bought on Dianne Benson's recommendation.

No comments: