Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Garden in the rain

 

I'm not sure how I ended up with only pale yellow irises (I used to have white and pale blue ones handed down from Bob Taylor via Mom), but they are abundant. Here's the first bloom, despite two straight days of rain.

 

Susan Hepler may not know there's a peony named after her, but there is in my garden! She gave me two plants several years ago and one of them has buds for the first time. I can't wait to see what it is - it might be a pale pink?

 
Posted by Picasa

This 'Paul's Glory' hosta is doing just what it's supposed to do - growing up to hide the dying daffodil foliage in front of the trellis.

These next two pictures are exciting because they come close to capturing the blues of the tradescantia and the purples of the columbines and sage. My camera has never done this before, but I've never used the Manual setting before. Maybe one day I will understand... Anyway, the front garden is primarily blue right now, until the irises and peonies take over.
 

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: