Sunday, May 17, 2009

Upcoming projects

It's time to prune the pink azalea drastically in preparation for getting it out of the ground and putting it - where? Maybe somewhere in the back where I can enjoy its color but don't have to pay too much attention to it. And in its place? The 'Zepherine Drouhin' rose that I've been agonizing about and finally bought at Roxbury on Friday afternoon. I think it gets enough sun there, especially in the morning, and it's worth a try. Not sure whether it needs any support, but since I don't have $1000 to spend on this gorgeous structure, maybe it can do without it.



It's also past time to prune all of the boxwoods, which I suddenly realize have grown all out of proportion to their sites.

The honeysuckle is in full bloom and its sweet, haunting fragrance has hypnotized me into thinking I should never cut it back. I will come to my senses once the flowers fade.

No comments: