Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Good gardening primer


Subtitled "41 Pick-and-Choose Projects for Planting Your Paradise Large or Small," this offers good tips for beginners and those of us who are not quite beginners but in need of advice. Some of her projects will be harder than she suggests, but the you-can-do-it-and-it-will-be-great attitude makes this fun to read.
I guess I should know who author Katherine Whiteside is - I can tell I've been out of the gardening loop for the past five years - since she apparently has written widely. At any rate, I picked up a couple good tips here, one being a simple plan for a compost pile (I need to get a better grip than this, I'm embarrassed to post the photo!), and a recipe for sorrel soup that I will pull out next spring. As a bonus, this is illustrated with charming watercolors by Peter Gergely.

No comments: